Injured on the job?

A requirement under law, North Carolina workers’ compensation provides medical and disability coverage and assistance for individuals with work-related injuries, impairment and occupational diseases, such as asbestosis and hearing loss. Workers’ compensation offers prompt recompense for medical expenses and lost wages to workers that have been injured or impaired.

If the worker can produce sufficient evidence that the injury or disease was a direct result of the workplace, the worker has a right to receive compensation for significant wage loss and required medical treatment.


What are my rights in North Carolina?

Workers that have been injured while completing a task or an assignment at their places of employment may be entitled to workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation can also cover an illness or occupational disease contracted while performing duties at the workplace.

If injured while working, the worker must inform the employer as soon as possible. After notifying the employer, the worker should immediately submit a claim (Form 18) with the North Carolina Industrial Commission.

Who can receive coverage?

Under North Carolina law, injured workers can receive disability benefits and compensation for medical bills. The employer and their insurance company are legally obligated to provide compensation for missed work and necessary treatment for long-term injuries.

The NC Workers’ Compensation Act covers all employees in North Carolina, as long as the employer employs three or more workers. Full-time, part-time and temporary employees are covered under workers’ compensation. When filing a claim, North Carolina workers are not obligated to present proof of fault by the employer, but proof must be shown that the accident occurred at the workplace.

Meet Our Attorneys 

Gabriel Snyder

Gabe Snyder is a passionate ally for victims of workplace accidents. Focusing on workers’ compensation and personal injury cases, he knows how to deal with large insurance companies and other corporations, taking up the cause of injured individuals. His education, trial skills and drive for justice make him uniquely equipped to see that injured employees receive the workers’ compensation benefits they deserve.

Gerard Davidson

With 37 years of experience, Gerard brings a wealth of knowledge to clients struggling with the complexities of their workers’ compensation case. Legal expertise and personal integrity allow him to earn the respect of adjustors, employers, and other parties essential to a successful outcome. Davidson remains on the forefront of NC workers’ compensation laws and is highly equipped to defend those who have been hurt on the job.

Get Your Free Case Review Today

The workers’ compensation lawyers at Ward Black Law understand that injuries can be catastrophic, resulting in loss of life or loss of income for injured workers and their families. Ward Black Law workers’ compensation lawyers work to ensure that no remedy is overlooked.

If you have sustained a workplace injury, contact the workers’ compensation lawyers at Ward Black Law in Greensboro, N.C., for a free case review. Our experienced attorneys will focus on your case, leaving you free to focus on your recovery. Call today to speak to one of our qualified workplace injury lawyers: 1-800-531-9191.  You may also reach Ward Black Law by email or online inquiry.

For directions to Ward Black Law, visit our Contact Us page.