State and federal laws attempt to protect the safety of nursing home residents and to ensure that they receive the care they need. These laws require that the nursing homes assess residents’ needs when they are admitted to a facility. The laws also require the nursing home to develop and follow a plan of care for each resident. The plan of care should be reviewed and changed as the residents’ health needs change.

If you suspect that a nursing home has not provided the care that a resident needs, or even worse, is abusing or neglecting a resident, you can report these problems to government authorities.

Report Abuse or Neglect to Your Local or State Ombudsman

To reach your local Ombudsman you may call North Carolina’s CARELINE (800-662-7030). The State Long-Term Care Ombudsman may be reached at the North Carolina Division of Aging (919-733-8400).

Understand Your Rights

It is sometimes possible to file a lawsuit in state court to protect a resident’s rights or to obtain damages for physical and mental pain to the resident caused by the nursing home’s abuse or neglect. The experienced nursing home abuse lawyers at Ward Black Law in Greensboro, N.C, have years of experience representing clients and victims in these types of cases. 

Contact a Greensboro, N.C. Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

If you have questions regarding nursing home negligence or abuse or you would like to discuss pursuing a nursing home abuse claim, the legal team at Ward Black Law is available to answer your questions and conduct a free case review. 

Call Ward Black Law today at 336-333-2244, or toll-free at 800-531-9191. You may also reach Ward Black Law by email or online inquiry.

For directions to Ward Black Law, visit our Contact Us page.