zantac bannerzantac banner

You may be eligible for compensation for use of Zantac. 

Did you develop cancer after prolonged use of heartburn and acid-reducing medications like Zantac or its generic forms, otherwise known as Ranitidine? 

If so, please contact our experienced product liability attorneys to get more information on whether you may be entitled to compensation. 

Zantac Recall

The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) alerted patients and health care professionals of multiple recalls of ranitidine in September of 2019. Sanofi, a pharmaceutical company and creator of Zantac, announced a voluntary recall due to its concerns of a potential cancer-causing chemical known as N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). 

NDMA was once used in the production of rocket fuel. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified NDMA as a B2 (probable human) Carcinogen. It is also known as a potent hepatotoxin which can cause liver damage. According to recent testing done by the FDA on ranitidine samples from various drug manufacturers, more than half of the 18 samples tested contained unacceptably high levels of NDMA (more than 0.32 parts per million (ppm) of NDMA).

Do I Have a Claim in the Zantac Lawsuit?

If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with one of the types of cancer listed below after having taken Zantac or its generic form, either over the counter or prescription strength, for over 60 days, you may have a claim. Symptoms of NDMA exposure can include headaches, fever, jaundice, abdominal cramps, enlarged liver, reduced organ function, and dizziness. 

Types of cancers that may be caused by NDMA exposure from Zantac or ranitidine use can include:

  • Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
  • Brain Cancer 
  • Colon Cancer
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Liver Cancer
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Intestinal Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer

What Should I Do?

If you or a loved one were diagnosed with a cancer listed above and have taken Zantac or one of its generic forms for over 60 days, you may have a legal claim for compensation. Contact our experienced attorneys to discuss your potential case. Call or text (336) 333-2244 or (800) 531-9191 or email for a free case review.