NC Social Security Disability Attorneys With Experience
You’ve paid social security taxes your entire working life and are now permanently disabled. You are entitled to social security disability benefits if you are unable to work. Yet you have been denied, and your bills are piling up. You are frustrated and don’t know where to turn. If you’re in this situation, you need a disability attorney with experience and proven results.
The attorneys and staff at Ward Black Law in Greensboro, N.C., bring the full weight of our combined experience to bear on your case, advocating for you and your social security benefits rights.
What is the Difference Between the Various Benefit Programs under the Social Security Administration?
The Social Security Administration is an independent agency of the federal government and has been since 1993 when it was pulled from the Department of Health and Human Services. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, the department is divided into ten regions nationally. These regions are headed up by a Regional Commissioner who oversees the administration of the numerous field offices in their region. The field offices are located in various cities and provide the initial contact for the public with the various programs within the SSA. The offices provide services such as application assistance, Social Security cards, and providing earning reports.
There are five independent benefit programs administered by the SSA.
- Retirement benefits are available when an individual reaches at least 62 years old, has applied for the benefits and is fully insured.
- Survivor’s Benefits are available to family members when a person dies.
- SSD or Social Security Disability benefits are available to disabled workers who have not yet reached retirement age.
- SSI or Supplemental Security Income differs from SSD in that it is available to those who have no work experience to qualify them for SSD or have not reached retirement age. Typically this program assists the aged, blind or disabled persons in low income brackets with few or no assets.
- Medicare, although not actually a part of SSA, provides health insurance to eligible beneficiaries already enrolled on another SSA program.
Social Security Lawyers Working For You
The social security benefits application process is full of potholes and roadblocks. Most applicants are denied the first time they apply, and it may even seem that the government is working against you.
And just when you really need financial assistance, you are forced to wait, sometimes for years, to get the benefits you deserve. But you are not helpless: The Greensboro, N.C. disability attorneys at Ward Black Law are a powerful voice for our clients, and we fight for your rights.
It is important that you apply as soon as possible and get help from a dependable social security disability attorney.
Questions about Social Security Benefits?
Contact a Greensboro, N.C., Social Security Disability Attorney
As your Greensboro, N.C. social security disability attorneys, we’re here to help you navigate the entire process. Call Ward Black Law today at 336-333-2244, or toll-free at 1-877-256-1214. You may also reach Ward Black Law by email or online inquiry.
For directions to Ward Black Law, visit our Contact Us page.