Hiring a GranuFlo and NaturaLyte Lawyer
The GranuFlo and NaturaLyte lawyers of Ward Black Law in N.C. are currently reviewing claims of injury from these products. GranuFlo powder and NaturaLyte liquid are acid concentrates used in dialysis treatments, which may cause heart-related injury- heart attacks, heart rhythm problems– and death. On November 4, 2011, Fresenius Medical Care, the products’ manufacturer, issued an internal memo to its dialysis clinics warning of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte’s link to increased risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and sudden cardiac death in dialysis patients. The memo was leaked to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, which later released a Class I Recall, the most serious type of recall, issued only when there is reasonable chance a product’s use will result in severe injury or death.
If you believe you have a claim, contact a GranuFlo and NaturaLyte lawyer in N.C. today. If you have experienced any of the harmful side effects listed below within 48 hours of receiving a dialysis treatment with GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, you may be entitled to compensation for damages suffered.
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Cardiopulmonary arrest
- Heart attack or sudden myocardial infarction
- Other heart problems
- Hypercapnia (high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood)
- Hypokalemia (low levels of oxygen in the blood)
- Metabolic Alkalosis
- Sudden cardiac death
Know Your Rights
If you or a loved one is currently undergoing dialysis treatments, you should take immediate precaution.
- Educate yourself about the history of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, their possible dangers and who is most at risk for serious side effects.
- Ask at your dialysis clinic how your dialysate is formulated and whether it contains GranuFlo and NaturaLyte. Serial numbers for GranuFlo include:OFD1201-3B, OFD1251-3B, OFD2123-3B, OFD2201-38, OFD2220-3B, OFD2223-3B, OFD2225-3B, OFD2231-3 B, OFD2251-3B, OFD2301-3B, OFD2323-3 B, OFD2325-3B, OFD3201-3B, OFD3231-3B, OFD3251-3B, OFD3301-3B.Serial numbers for NaturaLyte include: 08-0231-4, 08-1001-0, 08-1201-8, 08-1231-3, 08-1251-1, 08-1301-4, 08-2201-5, 08-2231-2, 08-2251-0, 08-2301-3,08-2351-8, 08-3201-4, 08-3231-1, 08-3251-9, 08-3301-2, 08-4123-1, 08-4223-7, 08-4225-1, 08-4230- 2, 08-4231-0, 08-4323-5, 08-4325-1, 13-1251-1, 13-2201-5, 13-2231-2, 13-2251-0, 13-3231-1, 13-3251-9, 13-4123-1, 13-4220-1, 13-4225-1, 13-4325-1.
- Fresenius may not have adequately warned patients of the possible grave and fatal side effects of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte and might be held liable in cases of injury, disability or death in GranuFlo and NaturaLyte patients. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death due to dialysis treatment with GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, you may be entitled to payment. Compensation may cover damages sustained, including injury, disability, death, pain and suffering, lost wages and medical expenses. Contact a GranuFlo and NaturaLyte lawyer at Ward Black Law today. We offer free case evaluations, address your questions and concerns and guide you through the process. Take action and call today!