Collaborative Divorce Attorney Greensboro, NC - Ward Black Law
Divorce is never easy, but that doesn't mean it has to be adversarial, negative or toxic. There are a number of alternatives that can be used to solve the legal issues of divorce without going to court, including collaboration. Collaborative Divorce is a dispute resolution process, which allows couples to resolve issues of divorce (property and debt division, alimony, and child support/custody) outside of the traditional (adversarial) model of litigation.
Collaborative Divorce allows couples to negotiate mutually agreed upon settlements in a series of informal, private discussions, known as four-way conferences (the couple and their attorneys), outside of court. The parties agree to voluntarily and wholly disclose information and to reach settlements that are in the best interests of the children.
Our Collaborative Divorce attorney, Afi Johnson-Parris, is experienced in the collaborative law process, highly skilled in goal-oriented negotiation, amicable conflict resolution and the facilitation of difficult conversations. Her aim is to create an environment of respect, civility, integrity and cooperation, helping Greensboro clients to conduct divorce with dignity and avoid the acrimony of court.
If you are contemplating divorce, are separated or have been served with court papers, but the negative process of traditional litigation doesn't seem right for you or your family, you should seek the assistance of a collaborative divorce attorney in Greensboro, N.C. Contact Ward Black Law today to schedule a consultation. You can sit down with Afi-Johnson Parris, who will answer your questions, review your situation and inform you of your rights and options under North Carolina Law. You can reach us by phone: 336-333-2244 or toll-free at 1-877-256-1214 or by email.
The Advantages of Collaborative Divorce
Collaborative Divorce is often a healthier alternative to traditional litigation. It opens up channels of communication between spouses, encouraging cooperation, understanding and equitable resolution. It is conducted privately and quietly, without a public -- or messy-- airing in court. Collaborative Divorce relies on a team-based approach, relying not on a single judge, but on parents, attorneys, mental health professionals, child specialists and financial experts, to devise the best solutions for your individual family.
Our Greensboro Collaborative Divorce proceedings are:
- Client Centered- With the assistance of your lawyers, you and your spouse control the negotiations and ultimate outcome of the case.
- Cost Effective- You can avoid significant attorneys fees typically associated with litigation.
- Creative - If both parties are flexible, we can help you craft creative outcomes and durable legal, financial and lifestyle agreements tailored to your family's situation. Clients can make co-parenting decisions that shield their children from the worst effects of divorce and ensure their best interests as well as protect the emotional well-being of the entire family.
- Non-Traditional - Collaborative Divorce offers a more amicable, less restrictive alternative to traditional adversarial litigation. Proceedings can focus on practical, effective solutions without the threat of court or a judge deciding your fate.
- Amicable vs. Adversarial- A Collaborative Divorce attorney in Greensboro, N.C. represents you and your best interests but also listens to the needs of your spouse and encourages equitable agreements.
Divorce does not have to be a costly, drawn out, emotionally exacting struggle. It does not have to create additional emotional trauma on already strained family relationships. If you're interested in devising creative solutions that protect the best interests of your children in a cooperative, civil setting, Collaborative Divorce may be the right option for you. Contact Ward Black Law today to meet with our Collaborative Divorce attorney in Greensboro, N.C.!
For more information about the Collaborative Divorce process in North Carolina, please visit www.triadcollaborative.com.